Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

User Manual - Open Plan Professional

8 replies [Last post]
Neil Tait
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Last time I used open plan was 1993 and it’s changed a lot since then! Does anyone have a user manual for latest version that I can rest my arm on - pdf format, or ANOther.
Thanks

Replies

Barrie Callender
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

If you haven't seen Open Plan for a while, then can I suggest you start with the Tour to get you acquainted again and then just dive in with reference to the User's Guide and others.

I can get to the documents from Start > Deltek > Open Plan Professional 3.5 (Workstation) > Documentation.  The list of available document are:

• Open Plan Developer's Guide
  • Open Plan Guided Tour
  • Open Plan Help
  • Open Plan Release Notes
  • Open Plan User's Guide

You can also ask your workplace for access to Deltek Customer Care where there is a forum and Knowledge Base articles.

Barrie

Kenneth Rodrigues
User offline. Last seen 3 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Gents the OPP User Guide or the Developer User Manual that is available on the Enterprise version is a cut down version. You best contact Deltek directly and he can probably email you a 20 Mb version or put it on some Sky Drive or Cloud Drive where you can download it from

Trudi Williams
User offline. Last seen 4 years 29 weeks ago. Offline

From the START menue > All Programs > Open Plan > Open Plan user guide :-)

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 23 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

It's been several years since I had Open Plan, but from memory the user manual pdf was saved somewhere like:

C:/programme files/deltek/open plan/docs

If you can't find it, speak to your IT person / licence holder.

I am not aware of any websites or forums where you can get hold of a free copy without breaching copyright.

Trudi Williams
User offline. Last seen 4 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Even so, if Open Plan was legitimately installed on your computer, the manuals should also have been.

I work for a very large company who certainly does have a licence. Is it the 'help menue' you're talking about Gary? If so, I have found it of very little help - maybe it's because I'm too 'right brain'. I would love to get my hands on a user manual that I can tag, highlight....read in bed!!

Gary Whitehead
Even so, if Open Plan was legitimately installed on your computer, the manuals should also have been.
Neil Tait
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Multi user licence and goodness knows where the manual disappeared to - I was looking for the easy option.
Gary Whitehead
from memory, the user & developers guides should be in your Open Plan folder, docs subfolder