Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project changes tasks start time

3 replies [Last post]
Aliaksei Liauchuk
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello!

I'm trying to create project by importing data from xml-file. Almost everything is working fine, I get required resources and tasks? but when I click on task information - ok , all my tasks start dates are changed.

I guess, the question is not pretty clear, so I made a video for better understanding https://youtu.be/ey_3VHj5lck

Replies

Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Glad you got it sorted. t

Aliaksei Liauchuk
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Tom,

Thank you. I think, variants b or c are exactly what I'm looking for

Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Aliaksei,

There is no logic (predecessors and successors) in the xml file.

The schedule re-calculates automatically after you open and close the Task Information dialog.  Without logic to push them out, all of the tasks are pulled back to the project start date.

You need to either a) include logic in the xml file; or b) include start-no-earlier-than constraints in the xml file; or c) ensure that task mode = "manually schedule" for all your tasks before it gets scheduled.  Only the first option is acceptable as a legitimate project scheduling practice.

Good luck, tom