Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Formula to calculate percent of unit to assing resources

3 replies [Last post]
Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Everyone.

Although I have used project for a long time, I have always been difficult to allocate resources. In spring I use man hours and assign them in numbers and not in percentages. This has been my lesson with Project, when assigning by percentage.

Is there any way to calculate or transform the man hours that are taken for budget and to be able to convert it to percentage according to the amount of man hours that the activity requires?

I leave and excel sample data file 

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 26 min ago. Offline

Please be reminded that:

1. Resource quantity and effort are not the same.
  2. Leveling for effort is not the same as leveling for resource quantity and can yield unfeasible results.
  3. The need for separate fields for resource quantity and effort is not just a matter of convenience it is also a matter of getting reliable resource overload visibility and resource leveling.

Cpm schedules - resource quantities and workloads from Rafael Davila
Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks, I'll try it

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 26 min ago. Offline

I do not use MSP but always look to understand the basics of it.  Try the following.

Percent (%) Allocation fields

Good Luck