Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planned % Complete Column - Nothing is Working :-(

1 reply [Last post]
Rowena Beaton
User offline. Last seen 2 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

I am working with MS Project 2010.  My calender is 24hr working 7 days a week.

I need to show a column which highlights the planned % complete for a given status date.

This is so we can present to our client (for example) - we should be 40% complete through today but we are only 30% because of XXXX

I am also using an S Curve based on cumulative vs actual manhours.

My plan has been baselined.  I have tried a few formulas online but after 6hrs today I am struggling to get one that works!

Can anyone help?

Very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best Wishes

RB

Replies

Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 4 days 11 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Rowena,

Have you tried something like this formula in a custom number field - say "%Comp Planned"?

IIf([Baseline Cost]>0,[BCWS]/[Baseline Cost],0)*100

Be sure that "Use fomula" is selected in the Calculation for task and group summary rows.

BCWS (Budgeted/Baseline Cost of Work Scheduled) is the planned value to have been achieved by the Project Status Date.  Dividing by the Baseline Cost gives the planned %Complete.

Good luck, tom