Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Split bar

3 replies [Last post]
Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

After updating a MS Project Schedule, split bars are visible for the updated activities(i assume due to the logical links). How to avoid it and show a normal current bar for the full remaining duration.

Thanks

Best Regards

Kannan

Replies

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Thanks Tom.

Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Under "Scheduling options for this project:" in the File|Options|Schedule dialog, be sure that "Split in-progress tasks" is not checked, then you will get the behavior you want.

Note: I do not advise or recommend this approach, as you are basically conceding to the "progress override" condition.  i.e. you don't trust or understand your own schedule logic.  It's better to see where the out-of-sequence progress has occurred, then modify your relationships - if necessary - to reflect the current reality.

Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Under "Scheduling options for this project:" in the File|Options|Schedule dialog, be sure that "Split in-progress tasks" is not checked, then you will get the behavior you want.

Note: I do not advise or recommend this approach, as you are basically conceding to the "progress override" condition.  i.e. you don't trust or understand your own schedule logic.  It's better to see where the out-of-sequence progress has occurred, then modify your relationships - if necessary - to reflect the current reality.