Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project 2010 Will not hold (or let me save) printer and page setup setting?

3 replies [Last post]
Doug Bunch
User offline. Last seen 3 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Just an occasional usser of MS Project 2010, but I always need to print gantt charts.  Just today, as I am trying to make the chart fit, I select a printer that does 11x17 and color and I start playing with page setup settings, then I notice that I could get rid of a couple of columns, so I click on "Task" at the top and go back to my activity list and hide a column, then I go back into "print" and it has gone back to the default printer and print settings.  So I do it all again, then I realize a few columns that I could make more narrow, I exit PRINT and resize the colums and then go back into PRINT and it's reverted back to the deault printer.

I have to get it all done and ready and printed in one shot, or I lose the settings.  Even once I get everything set the way I want, I try to find some way to save those settings and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to do that.

Even if I do "Save" or Save as while the print window is open, it does not save the printer settings.

Is there some way to have a project file set to use a printer other than the windows default printer?

Thanks

Doug

p.s.  This may have been asked in this forum, but I don't see any way to search a particular forum.  Am I missing somehting?

Replies

Doug Bunch
User offline. Last seen 3 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Just an attempt to refresh this post.  I'm back to using MS Project a little bit and this is so frustrating...

Is there really no way to save print settings?