Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Work Column in Task Usage Sheet Showing Zero

6 replies [Last post]
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 16 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Guys,

I have finished adding activities and scheduling with my project.Now whne i want to see the work distribution in Task usage sheet it is showing as Zero What is the reason...

Please guide me ....

Replies

Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

You can indeed have work assigned to a task without assigning a resource to the task.

Try a test. Make a task, 10 days duration. Show the work column. Type in 100. Switch to Task Usage View and there it is, spread evenly across the days.

Of course, even though you can do it, it is a very bad idea and you should assign the resources.

kumar s

Thanks Alexandre.

U r right.I had to assign the resources to get the Work column Values.

Since i dont want to add the resources in my schedule and monitor the project based on the duration I have manually put the work days same as duration.

Regards,

kumar s

Hei,

Ok ..If that is the case then,I had not assigned resources to my previous Project also and  it was showing the Work Days Correctly..

I want to ask if it necessary to add Resources If i have to monitor the progress in MSP...

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

The reason is that your Project is incomplete... You did not add the Resources of your activities.