Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Physical % Complete

2 replies [Last post]
Dan Mårtensson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,

I need help with a formula.

I want to display in a new column hours based on physical % complete.

My existing formula is

([Physical % Complete]*[Baseline Work]/60)

This doesn’t work! Why?

Please help

Regards

Dan M

Replies

Dan Mårtensson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Bo!

I can always trust your skills when it comes to theese kind of qustions.

Regards

Dan
Bo Johnsen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dan,

Your formula does work, but needs minor adjustment.

If using a Number-field your formula should look like:[Physical % Complete]*[Baseline Work]/60/100 (the parentheses as you have written are optional - in this case)

and if using a Duration-field the formula should be:
[Physical % Complete]*[Baseline Work]/100, but then at the same time remember that under Tools-Options-Schedule Tab, the "Duration is entered in:" should be set to "Hours" to get the right result. However, then you should be aware that what you enter in the "Duration"-column is by default hours unless adding you add the right unit (e.g. d, w, etc.).

If using the Number-field and you want the "hrs" to be written at the back you can just make a new Text-field with the formula: [Numberx] & " hrs"

Regards,

Bo