Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Compare Files Add In - MSP 2002

3 replies [Last post]
Mal Leadbetter
User offline. Last seen 10 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Having not used this function for a while. I go to run this on some files and get the following

Run time error ’13’
Type mis-match

Error occurred in the COM-Add in named Compare Project Version Utility.
Error #:440
Automation Error

Please re-boot project to re-start COM Add-in

I have removed & re-installed the COM Add-in, but get the same error.

The only thing that has changed recently on my PC was that I had a memory upgrade. There is no point in speaking to the IT people unless I have some sort of solution first or idea of what could be wrong so that I can steer them in the right direction.

Cheers

Replies

Mal Leadbetter
An Update from the IT Help Desk

They have spoken with MS Project Help Desk (new one on me) and apparently its down to a duplicate entry in one of the files. What they mean by a duplicate entry I have no idea.

The end result was, go check you files line by line.

Almost as good as "Have you re-booted the machine?"

Mal Leadbetter
Darren

Thanks for the reply. I found a fix on the Micorsoft Web Site - Clear all temp internet files.

Now I have a Run Time error 1101.

The joy of MS Project is never ending
Darren Kosa
User offline. Last seen 7 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Mal,

I had a runtime 13 error with Excel a few years ago. It was something to do with marcros referencing other macros.

I downloaded the latest service pack and it solved the problem.

Could it be the same with your version of MS Project?

Regards,

Darren