Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SORTING CRITERIA IN CUSTOM GROUPING

3 replies [Last post]
Alvaro Rigamonti
User offline. Last seen 5 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have define a code structure to have a different and flexible organization of my schedule.I have created custom field on the activities and assigned them to the activities.

Those custom field was 4 digit characters.

When I select custom grouping, the default sorting is by alphabetical order of the custom field. I want to define a different order.

For example I defined engineering=ENG; construction=CON the result is that contruction in visualized before than engineering.
Could you tell me how to chage the alphabetical order and define a the different order i like???

Thanks

Replies

Alvaro Rigamonti
User offline. Last seen 5 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks of the suggestion; It runs perfectly.
Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 43 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Cut & Paste Descriptions From Left To Right
in the leftcolum give numbers in required order
James Griffiths
User offline. Last seen 15 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Alvaro,

You are quite right, in that you can sort only on alphabetical or numerical order. To sort them in the order that you wish, you could add a number at the start of your code. Ex.

1. Project Management
2. Design.
3. Manufacture
4. Installation
5. Commissioning.

If you didn’t add the numerical code, it would list them in the following order:

Commissioning
Design
Installation
Manufacture
Project Management.

HTH.

James