Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Re-using VBA code in Primavera SureTrak

1 reply [Last post]
David Kersey
User offline. Last seen 11 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I had posted this to the Primavera Project PlannerP3 forum; it was suggested that I should try re-posting here.

I have created macros in Microsoft Project 2003 and 2007 using their VBA programming language. I have been considering using a Primavera product such as SureTrak which I am told creates macros in SBL(Softbridge BASIC Language).

I would like to hear any users’ comments on the re-usability of the VBA code in a SureTrak Macro.
I am sure that the object classes and their properties and methods would differ from application to application and would have to be altered. I would like to know if the VBA programming logic that performs calculations, reads from and saves to text or binary files created in a Visual Basic program, etc. is re-usable.

Regards
David

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
David,

Yes it is re-usable. You can use either VBA or SBL which both work for P3v3.1. I assumed same in SureTrak. I don’t have SureTrak in my machine now so I cannot confirm it to you.

Regards,
Rodel