Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Re-using VBA code in Primavera SureTrak

1 reply [Last post]
David Kersey
User offline. Last seen 16 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I had posted this to the Primavera Project PlannerP3 forum; it was suggested that I should try re-posting here.

I have created macros in Microsoft Project 2003 and 2007 using their VBA programming language. I have been considering using a Primavera product such as SureTrak which I am told creates macros in SBL(Softbridge BASIC Language).

I would like to hear any users’ comments on the re-usability of the VBA code in a SureTrak Macro.
I am sure that the object classes and their properties and methods would differ from application to application and would have to be altered. I would like to know if the VBA programming logic that performs calculations, reads from and saves to text or binary files created in a Visual Basic program, etc. is re-usable.

Regards
David

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 38 min ago. Offline
David,

Yes it is re-usable. You can use either VBA or SBL which both work for P3v3.1. I assumed same in SureTrak. I don’t have SureTrak in my machine now so I cannot confirm it to you.

Regards,
Rodel