Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Question: Combined resource usage

No replies
Marko Rooseno
User offline. Last seen 17 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Planners..

It’s me again, with another question.. *OH NO!!! EVERYONE HIDE!!!*

LOL.. Yea, I’ve got issues.. I know..

Anyways, I’ve made this file in MSP and inserted sub-projects that’s linked to other files in my system. Basically my objective is to provide a snapshot of all projects running in the firm that I work in.

The problem is that the resources are broken up into the different subprojects. What I’m after is a cumulative usage of the resources for the whole subprojects. Is this possible and how would I be able to do it?

I’ve tried another way like instead of inserting subprojects, i used copy/paste from each individual projects. This gives me what I want in terms of the cumulative resource usage, but the file doesn’t automatically update itself like it does when I use subprojects.

Thanks Planners!
M