Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Usage

2 replies [Last post]
Tony Livesey
User offline. Last seen 15 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In Resource Usage I show planned work for each resource by month so the Programme Manger can see future demands for each member of staff or resource type. I do this by rolling up to resource name level and setting the bottom tier timescale to Months

I am loading the resource profiles into our accounting system where the month of March is actually 19 Feb to 25 March but is called March. This is a problem because the March profile in my schedule (1st - 31st Mar) does not match the March profile in the finance system.

Is there a way to set the timescale up so that I can roll up the 5 weeks into a summary figure which is March?

Replies

Zhang Haixiang
User offline. Last seen 3 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
you can export your resource load to excel by day,
then roll up in excel as you want
then import to your fincal system
James Griffiths
User offline. Last seen 15 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Tony,

Welcome to PP.

In MSP 2000, the short answer is NO.

MSP is a scheduling programme, not an accounting programme. We have exactly the same issue, owing to the fact that we have accounting/finance periods of 5,4,4. Whether later versions are able to cope with this, I don’t know.

HTH.

James.