Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Transfer MSP2K to P3

4 replies [Last post]
Han Pekelharing
User offline. Last seen 12 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is there anyone who has taken the effort to describe te correct way to transfer a project from MSP2K to P3? We have already managed to transfer from the microsoft 2000 mpp extension to mpx and into P3 through the conversion tool supplied by Primavera. The resulting file in P3 then has numerous wrong codes/dates and durations and needs to be reviewed. It is these steps we are looking for.

Replies

Han Pekelharing
Thanks a lot for this article , this will help in setting up the dutch version document. I've never used the pipe option, so we will have a look at this. The Scitor mpx conversion tools works , as far as we can evaluate.., we've tried that. On your remark about the topic activities; Topic activities can be used in P3, the only thing you have to do is change the activity type in WBS (via the Access ODBC), as the MSP2K wbs is transferred.The WBS activity has the same meaning as a topic activity, only the WBS layout should be used and a structure defined. The conversion from MPX to P3 has another problem , you don't mention in your article, and that is that all lags on the relations are converted to hours. This results in lags about 8 times too high, which has to be corrected manually. To be continued
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
You will find an article on my web page at www.eh.com.au. Regards Paul E Harris
Han Pekelharing
This is an option, i've tried the MS-Access approach , but then you have to solve all the different table issues and queries. I'm still looking for a one-button solution, maybe we have to write a macro of some sort to do the work.
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
I would prefer to transfer the file to a database file or excel sheet, (from MSP2K to db4 sheet), then you can export it to P3.I think this a safe way other than direct conversion. Best luck Ali ----------------------------