Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MSP to P5 - Notes Field Transfer

2 replies [Last post]
Matt Rudge
User offline. Last seen 15 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I have sucessfully transferred a large MSP file to P5 and mapped all necessary text columns to get across data.

However the notes field in MSP activities is not tranferred.

I thought it would be one of the notebook options but have tried and it hasn’t worked.

Would be grateful for any help on this!!

Thanks,

Matt

Replies

Matt Rudge
User offline. Last seen 15 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks Rodel,

This worked well.

My problem was identifying whether the notes should be project, wbs or activity notes!

Seems if you enter options for all 3 it defaults to project!
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline
Hi Matt,

Importing Notes from MSP be can be done if you select one of the topic from Notebook of P5. You have to select from Project level, WBS summary level and activity level.

Example: If the notes that you wish to import are on the WBS summary level of your MSP then you have to select from Notesbooks the WBS notes and choose a topic to import you notes (say: change order) and if the notes are on each activity then select Activity notes and choose a topic (say: scope).

I assumed that you are already familiar on how to import MSP and mapping all the fields otherwise if you still have problem importing notes please let me know so I can explain to you step by step.

Regards,
Rodel