Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Job Alert

8 replies [Last post]
glen staunton
User offline. Last seen 7 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is it just me or has something happened that is stopping Job Alert from working properly. I’ve revised my settings to receive a daily e-mail since the new year and I am still not receiving anything....

wondering hopefully...

Glen

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

We believe that the job alert e-mailer is now fixed and working as it should be.

Since fixing it at the weekend, there has been a vast increase in the number of people applying for jobs, so his is very good news for us all.

Thanks.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hello All,

We have checked the system and it appears that the job alert function is only sending out intermittent emails (and we suspect it has been this way for several months, grrrr).

We have sent a request to our techies and will do our best to get it fixed.

Regards & Sorry.
Scarllet Pimpernel
User offline. Last seen 12 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Bwa ha ha.

You are all dreaming. Agencies are dead, DOD.

During the construction boom, the companies find it hard to get planning engineers. They resorted to agencies because of its huge database of planning engineers, including the dead.

But now it is different. We have a financial crisis and projects worth 999++ trillion USD are on hold. A lot of planning engineers, wannabe planning engineers, trying hard to be planning engineers, keyboard jockeys, etc. are jobless.

Companies are smart now. Instead of paying recruitment agencies, HR department are encouraging their very own engineers to recommend former colleagues to join them. And the company is paying referral fees to their employees in the event the candidates will pass the probitionary period.

That is the reality.

EHEM, ehem,

So I’m looking for a planning engineer. I would prefer a planning planet member active in forum discussion. If you are interested to earn 150,000++ GBP per anum why not try me. Of course this collaboration will benifit our company and company will pay me also for referral.

Thank you,
Scarlett

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Joel

Surely the Agencies that log vacancies on PP get bombarded by mails from no-hopers operating out of their level so why waste a phone call.

Of course if I was paying to get a response I would expect to get one - even if it was "No luck this time - keep trying and keep paying"

I have found that the PP agencies that I have contact with are professional and responsive - I have even got some commissions from them.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mike,

I have found through searching other websites through a search engines some of which you have to pay, but which I found to my satisfaction I get replies.
Sorry I am not going to disclose them on this site otherwise These agencies will be bombarded by mails from PP for jobs. PP Planners must do their own time consuming searching and sending of CV to get results.

you get a reply from those jobs unlike PP in the last few years
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Joel

What websites are they?

Best regards

Mike Testro
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
The truth of the matter is PP has taken a big dip, I am afraid that other job websites have taken the market
Scarllet Pimpernel
User offline. Last seen 12 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
There was no exciting job in the first place.

The global financial crisis stop the projects.

Thank you,
Scarlett