Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Jobs and Employment

2 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Here at Planning Planet we have been receiving a bulk of mail on the subject of job hunting.

As a result we have a couple of members looking into this and we were thinking of the following ideas...

(1) Add Employment Agencies into the Links directory and be able to select either planning websites and/or employment agencies.

(2) Create a mailing list, onto which approved planning agencies could post their vacancies. This mail would be automatically sent out to all planners who have added themselves to the list.

(3) Improve the Jobs Page by getting new jobs emailed out to anyone who subscribes to a mail alert. We could add a place for members who "are looking for a job"

(4) Create a Forum Category for "I am interested in a new job" in which members could post a few words to tell ther world that they may be interested, if approached.

What do you guys think?

Any ideas or suggestions.

Replies

Jon Penney
User offline. Last seen 18 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi this is Graeme Hepper from Abraxas. I and my colleague, Dan Lovis, recruit planners for the top 5% of companies in the UK and Europe. We both agree that the e-mail mail out of current jobs is an excellent idea. It would get the top jobs that we have to the right people as soon as we post them. This will shorten and refine the whole process of finding a job much quicker and easier. The sooner the better.
If in the meantime you want to talk to myself or Dan about the current excellent opportunities we have then you can get in contact with us.

Graeme Hepper (+44) (0)207 255 5514 ghepper@abraxas.com

Dan Lovis (+44) (0) 207 255 5520 dlovis@abraxas.com
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
This is a great idea. When will these things be implemented?