Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Locking threads = Censorship

4 replies [Last post]
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi guys,

It does not help to shut up a thread, or censor it when it is not to your liking. I believe everybody has a right to their point of view. The only way this site can be improved is by the members contributing constructively, even if there is some disagreements, it is better to resolve them than to put a muzzle on them. As for the shutting down of the unanswered posting thread by Daya, I do not agree with this, however there is always other routes to follow, like not cracking Daya’s skull. So I have sent Chris (With a capitol C) a private message:

[edited by moderator - please work out your differences in private]

Hope this is a blow for DEMOCRACY. F--- Censorship.

Regards all

Philip

Replies

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Philip, the forum guidelines were developed by the PP Admin and moderator team to establish what is and is not acceptable. The moderators have been charged with ensuring that the rules and guidelines are followed. This is not a free for all free speech zone.

We will edit and delete posts and lock threads as we deem necessary in accordance with the forum rules. If you have a problem with the moderator team’s actions, please feel free to PM the PP Admin.

Bernard Ertl
eTaskMaker Project Planning Software
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Bernard, If you can find me at fault for insulting behaviour, then extrocise me. I do not believe you have the right to tell me what I have to say and dictate the terms of reference under these conditions so P--- off. The terms are an open forum and as a result, you do not have the right to extrocise people. You are lucky my wife intercepted here and as a result you got away with a P instead of a F. The resultant factor, is that you guys are applying censorship, no matter which way the dice are rolling. Which I do not think is the originl idea behind the site
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Bernard

Your reply is very positive and professional and hope so that should be implemented shortly.

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Philip,

Please review the forum guidelines. The PP team (including moderators) strives to allow different points of view and healthy discussion of issues.

However, when members start insulting one another or getting personal, you can expect moderators to step in. Anyone may feel free to start another thread if they have something constructive to add to the original topic.

Bernard Ertl
eTaskMaker Project Planning Software