Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to incorporate operational interruptions ...

2 replies [Last post]
Billy Hui
User offline. Last seen 14 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
How to incorporate operational interruptions into construction scheduling ( MSP and P3) ?

Operational interruptions means those prescheduled or probabilistic events such as holidays or breaks as set in resource/activity calendars, equipment breakdowns (updating progressed schedule) or any environmental delays etc.

I am a new member.

Best regards,

Billy Hui

Replies

Billy Hui
User offline. Last seen 14 years 1 week ago. Offline
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your advice. I will post it again to the correct place. I have overlooked this matter.

At first, I have the same idea with you. Now, I believe the answer may not be so simple.

Best regards,

Billy
Paul Maddocks
User offline. Last seen 2 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Welcome to PP Billy Hui,

I think you need to post this item in "Primavera Project Planner - P3" forum for a better selection of replies.

By way of an answer, if you are talking about allowing for activities to be interupted by unscheduled events during the progress of a project, in the Dates area of the Activities form you can suspend an activity that has been interupted by inserting a Suspend date and a Resume date.

Is this what you had in mind?

Paul