Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Choosing how many records to show

6 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

We have implemented a filter on the forum listing that enables you to choose how "old" the records are allowed to be in the listing.

Is this any good ?

Regards.

Replies

Ed van der Tak
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 12 hours ago. Offline
Hi DT,

Youve got it all understood. I will try to be more precise in my descriptions next time!

By the way, best ideas come in a moment of relaxation. So relax while working!

Another remark :

When you reply to a post the number of re:s grows. Could you keep it minimized to 1 time only (if re: exist dont add again or delete re: before adding re: in a reply --> does this description satisfy?)

Sorry to keep you busy!

Regards,

Ed van der Tak
Manager Operations
Aram Planning Consultants
The Netherlands
Forum Guest
Hi Ed,

Its really nice to get some feedback, although our development on the foum has slowed down somewhat recently.

WEve kicked your idea around for a while and the message has finally got through.

I think we know what you mean. Weve got the drop-down menu on the topics page to filter for all TOPICS with the specified period. However, this filter should ALSO drop back into the messages database and check to see if there are any REPLIES that are also within the same period. The brain is finally working - there may be a new reply to an old topic !

ie. if we have a topic that was posted 40 days ago, a filter for <30 days would not pick it up. However, that 40-day old topic may have a reply that was made only 5 days ago and hence should now appear too.

I will get it sorted when I am back to work! (hang on, shouldnt I be WORKING at work!!?)

Keep in touch.
Ed van der Tak
Hi guys,

Youve added the show topics filter already some time ago. While using it i was more looking for the topics which were still active meaning the posts on these topics. If im right filtering the topics for the last 30 days it is not showing posts to other topics within this period. Am i right?

Regards,

Ed van der Tak
Aram Planning Consultants
The Netherlands
Forum Guest
Hi,

We have setup the scripts to FILTER the LIST OF TOPICS so that you can select how far back in time you want to show.

In addition, we have setup the LIST OF REPLIES to be able to SORT how they are shown.

Two things...

1. Should these two drop-down menus appear on both listings ??

2. None of us can work out what you mean about the "sub-question" structure. Can you explain further.

Thanx.
Ed van der Tak
Is it my system or am I only seeing a pull down window with a sorting criteria? I cant select the number of replies to view!

Nevertheless it works fine.

Regards,

Ed
Ed van der Tak
Guys,

Again an improvement on the readibility of the forums, as well as the sort option. With the new setup the "sub question" structure disappeared. (questions within a answer - like this one). Is there anyway to improve on this respect?

Thanks,

Ed