Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Spamming??????

6 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have posted a thread last saturday but to my surprise I saw two duplicate messages found in other threads. How come this is happening since I don’t know how to spam a website?

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Team !

We are working on a major revamp for the forum and associated database tables. The new version will be a huge improvement in terms of performance, storage capacity and flexibility. Well we are impressed anyway!!

We have taken on board the comments of over 200 users and we hope we have started to make the required improvements.

Planned Delivery Date... we have missed our milestone and are currently requesting an EOT !

Keep on planning ....PP Admin.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
It looks to me like someone clicked the Post Now button twice. When you compose a message and click the button, there may sometimes be a delay between the time that the post is recorded at the PP server and a new page displaying the thread/post is shown on your browser. If you click the Post Now button again (perhaps thinking that nothing happened the first time), it may record a second instance of the post.

Hopefully the PP team will get a chance to review the scripts and implement a simple flood control to prevent anyone from posting more than one message every 5-10 seconds or so.

Bernard Ertl
eTaskMaker Project Planning Software
Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
PPAdmin/Bernard,

Following threads appear 2 times and more:
a) Date Constraints posted 11-Jun-05 23:04
http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?Cat=2&Top=9096

b) Time Taken For Scheduling 5-Jun-05 21:36
http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?Cat=@&Top=11768

c) Outstanding vs Snag List 29-May-05 12:51
http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?Cat=7&Top=11337

Regards.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
As Bernard’s suggest, wpuld you mind list the subject and the posting time. This help the team to check what’s the problem. And save time on searching.
Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
It is still happening with 2 or more threads with same messages to be posted by same person, date and time. PP Team shall create a system that can detect the duplication and delete it automatically.

Regards.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
If you only posted the message once, but saw it 3 times in separate threads, please alert the PP team with details on the message and the threads it appeared in. They should be able to determine whether it is a bug in the forum script, or a person who posted the extra copies.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software