Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

GPCCaR M09-4 Assessing & Interpreting Progress Data - Introducing the “S” Curve

Although S curves do not give the details they can provide insight into the current update projections unless you forget to include the projections. 

The following set misses the most important part, the projections.

SC01 photo SC01_zpsxtuas2x0.jpg

The following set includes the current schedule update projections necessary to compare Baseline/Target schedule versus current update projections.

S Curves photo SCurves.png

[This post moved here by GPC Admin so this point can be given specific attention and actioned]

Dear Rafael,Thank you.  These

Dear Rafael,

Thank you.  These statements were specific and actionable and as such have been recognized and have been reviewed and incorporated by the Guild Members.  

Details of the changes will be communicated to Guild Members.

Because you have chosen to post your thoughts here and not via the GPCCaR Change Form suggestion template I will have to close this thread so that this change is concluded; any new comments should be made via the aforementioned Change Form or a new duscussion thread.

Thanks and Regards, GPC Admin (@Jason)

For those passionate about Project Controls and wish to become part of the decision making team, to help shape what the Guild Commnity collectively consider to be best practice guidelines, you are cordially invited to Join the Guild where you will have a voice in making these kinds of decisions.

GPC Admin  (Jason),What is

GPC Admin  (Jason),

What is wrong with my approach under this specific thread? 

He who asserts must prove. In order to establish an assertion, he must support it with enough evidence and logic to convince an intelligent but previously uninformed person that it is more reasonable to believe the assertion than to disbelieve it. Facts must be accurate. 

Sorry if you do not like the confrontational nature of any debate but I see absolute lack of supporting evidence and logic on the GUILD assertions I am contesting as mistaken or wrong..

Best Regards,

Rafael

Refer

Refer http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/guild-project-controls-gpc/591070/gpccar-m09-3-capturing-progress-updating-schedule-data-coll#comment-85533

GPC Admin,I cannot see why

GPC Admin,

I cannot see why the authors do not take the challenge and respond to my claims the source of the GUILD postulates I am challenging is poor, nonexistent and wrong. 

• If the GUILD makes some postulates and there is sustaining evidence why not present it?
  • If the GUILD makes some postulates and are questioned with some reasoning behind why not the courtesy to answer with some good reasoning?
  • What is being said at the GUILD can be adopted by some contract authors that do not understand how wrong some statements are and therefore dangerous. 

I tried long ago to get some real answers on my initial postings and all I got were poor answers or none. I find in such abominable error some of what is being said at the GUILD that I find it dangerous and therefore my strong response. 

Because you have split original thread into many, following your approach I have no other option than to ask what is wrong with my approach under this specific thread? 

Best Regards,

Rafael

It looks like the authors of

It looks like the authors of the GUILD have no interest on debating when questioned or challenged.

Baseline S Curves are frozen,

1. Baseline S Curves are frozen, they are usually different to Schdule Update S Curves as usually plans do not go as initially scheduled. 
  2. Schedule update S Curves before DD is a single curve derived from reported actuals.
  3. Schedule update S Curves after DD is composed of Early and Late Projections. These, the most important are missing form Figure 4. If not missing just tell me where are they.

S Curves are so simple that a whole discussion as to make the case the projections are missing is an overkill.