Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Is Maintaining Drawings log list is planning Engineer Job? Guys kindly give your inputs

2 replies [Last post]
Sabaapathy Selvam...
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 10 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Guys kindly advice in this issue . 

Replies

Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

On my projects I always have a tendency to involve a planner/scheduler in documentation management. The reasons are:

• when documentation requires update, planner has to be involved any way
  • most importantly is that documentation management requires the same type of personality as planning (from my point of view): attention to details, complete finisher, ability to process large amount of information, being able do the same type of task again and again without being bored and with the same quality, structured way of thinking

Regards.

Evgeny

Andrew Pearce
User offline. Last seen 1 year 10 weeks ago. Offline

Of course its not a Planning Engineers Job, however someone has to do it and if your project is not large enough to employ a document controller then it may fall to the Planner to do it.

Planners job is to do the planning, when the planning is done Planners job is to monitor and adjust. At the monitor and adjust stage of the project (depending on scale and complexity) planners job may not be full time, so he can look after drawings!