Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Give the Guy a rest

15 replies [Last post]
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Planners

When is that little ginger headed guy in the top left corner going to be allowed a coffe break?

Best regards

Mike Testro

Replies

Dave Crosby
User offline. Last seen 9 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
He actually has an intraveinus drip connected to his leg which pumps caffeine straight into his blood stream 24/7. That’s why he goes flat out all the time. His leg is under the desk so you can’t see the tubes.
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Actually the guy is not a guy,

He is only a boy.

The boy fins himself happy just doing planning

so the boy did not stop or rest, because he is happy on what he is doing.

My simple story about the boy up there.

Charlie
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Carmen,

I did encountered men competing with women in nurse job.

My friend said it is very easy to get girls considering that lot of nursing girls find nursing men a unique species.

The most important part is the pay or salary of nurses in the US of A, before the great financial meltdown, is higher or competitive compared to other profession. Also at that time, a lot of nurses were given immigrant visa to the US of A. That is why I encountered men enrolling in nursing school and working as nurses.

Cheers
Charlie
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Carmen,

It’s a fact in some regions (no need to mention). Third Country Nationality (TCN) is always specified, so what can you expect? Even you got Phd, Mba or whatever, you still belong to TCN. And there are no parameters for measuring what’s inside your head?

cheers

Carmen Arape
User offline. Last seen 6 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Mike,

I like to hear different story than mine, specially the successful one.

I have never met men competing for becoming nurse. Very female JOB to be done by them.
BUt different story is doctors. That is a field where men are really interested, specially if we think in managing the private or public health system.

Any person has his/her own personal career experience. IMPORTANT is how to move forward when conditions are not favourable to your career goals.

Cheers,
Mike Testro
Hi Carmen

You put me in mind of a very good friend of mine.

She came to the UK from Jamaica in the late 50’s as a trainee nurse and went on to get a PHD Hons in genetic engineering.

She now has a £200k job as compliance director for a swiss drugs firm.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Carmen Arape
Anoon,

Morocco is not my JOB proposal , It is someone else proposal placed under Services career in this forum.

Regarding your comment “ coming from a third world country”. If you believe this is something to be considered at the moment of salary proposal. Can you imagine when you read on my CV: coming from third world, woman and I do not want to mention my skin color.
It depends of PM mentality who is taking decisions about hiring staff. I hope to find someone who believes that my 3 disadvantages are not bad at ALL.

As a woman I have always got less salary than men . Talking about candidates with same qualifications (in any world, first, second, third ....)

Cheers,
Cheer,
Anoon Iimos
Carmen,

Though I’m serious, I am very easy to talk with. How much really is your offer? (sometimes I got contract specifying that I came from a third world country and that made me cheap). I just want to be blame with ( I believe that’s expensive).

Mike,

please don’t blame the ginger headed guy, he has nothing to do with it, blame me as well for extra.

cheers!
Mike Testro
Hi Carmen

I would blame the little ginger headed guy in the top left corner.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Carmen Arape
Anoon,

Not only well educated and with good sense of humor.

I do believe you are a real serious when you come to work. Never I have thought differently because I am very serious at my work BUT here I want to express my good humor.

Agree with you about that nobody want to see the true picture and they need someone to blame with. The someone is the Planner. In front of this situation, you can react in different ways :
- feel guilty or second class employee.
- complain all the time about others.
- Move forward with a winner mentality

I was wondering how you might react???

Cheers,

Anoon Iimos
Hi Carmen,

Sorry, just taken a coffee break, what’s that again? my posts made you believe that i’m well educated? well thank you very much (my heart is pumping), no problem at all Carmen (even if it’s Charlie).

My name here may not be real, but I’m a real and serious person when it comes to work (do you believe that?).

Well maybe, I still didn’t learned the lesson, but what is a Planner (just allow me to call myself as one) for? Isn’t it to report the true picture of the project? I just don’t understand (in most projects i’ve been with), why nobody really want to see the true picture? And there’s always a Planner to blame with (and how much it costs?).

I believe Joel is right.

regards

Carmen Arape
Anoon,

According to your threads in PP member, you seem to be well educated and capable for the JOB.

Just to warn you about the PM who is a woman. Any problem with this ??? According to your thread on where the planner should be … I do agree your comment about Planner is the PM.

Do not pay attention to Charlie’s comment about female PMs

Cheers,
Anoon Iimos
Carmen,

i was just fired! (as expected), will you send me instead?

cheers!
Carmen Arape
Mike,

We are going to send him to Morocco to take the position announced by Tarek and It was an insult to Joel.

Cheers,
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Mike,

This is a call for Planners to start sending good option for new logos.

Best,

Samer