Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planning Engineer positions within the Oil and Gas Sector in Australia

6 replies [Last post]
Andy Marsland
User offline. Last seen 13 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what is the best website for Planning Engineer positions in the Oil and Gas Sector in Australia? It appears that Planning Plannet has quite limited exposure here and only 3 job vacancies in the region have been posted, none of which are in the O&G sector.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andy

Replies

Andy Garbett
User offline. Last seen 9 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Contractors Calendar is Australia's first “live” Oil, Gas and Mining jobs  forum that gives job seekers and industry professionals the opportunity to advertise their immediate and/or upcoming availability using the sites unique calendar tool...completely free!
Wei Chieh Low
User offline. Last seen 11 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Gents

We are looking for a Schedule Control for Ichthys Project in Australia. For those who are interested, please feel free to send me your updated CV to low.weichieh@jgc.co.jp for review. Thanks

Low wei chieh

Dugald Gilkeson
User offline. Last seen 13 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

At the moment it depends on the company and many companies won't sponsor international engineers etc as the visa issues are time consuming and travel arrangements more expensive than a domestic counterpart ,however we are obviously coming to a skilled labor shortage in the next 6 months approx. with the sheer amount of projects in the Oil and Gas field entering feasability and construction and there will be a change in respect to the willingness of Australian companies to offer sponsorship for o/seas applicants.

I would get in contact with the EPCM,company,contractor on the projects you would like to be working on or the Recruitment firm and recruiter that is working on these projects for these companies at the moment and advise them of your intentions so when the market changes you are ahead of the curve and the other candidates.

I hope this helps

Regards

DG

Ognian Ralchev
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Heather Horne
User offline. Last seen 12 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

Try www.seek.com.au

Search on  O&G/- Planner

Regards Heather

Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Buddy,

What you have to do just google "Planning Engineer Australia" then there will be a lot vacancie there

I would like to ask you what is common rate in Australia for those have exprience more than 6 years. Frankly speaking, I'm planning to expand my horizon in Australia one day but is it malaysian such like me will be welcomed widely?

Friend appreciate your response on this matter

Regards

Aizam Zakaria