Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Owner caused delay - most basic cost %?

3 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 day 14 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Ok, so there is an owner caused delay, say it is 30 days.  So the Contractor gets a 30 day time extension and what % of Gen. OH costs = 4%, 6% of contract value - what is the general rule of thumb?  I know there are 10 ways to calc it, what is most simple?  what is most common?  If there was a cost loaded schedule, couldn't they supercede that simply because accounting has better numbers or industry precedence?

Replies

John Reeves

I see delay settlements for general overhead - I thought it was fairly common.  I do not quite understand what you are saying, is there something out that supports that?

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi John

General Head Office overhead costs are not claimable under the contract unless  you can show lack of turnover affected recovery using either a Hudson or Emden formula.

A single delay of 30 days is not sufficient.

Best regards Mike T.

John Reeves

7%.  I think most people would say check the contract...I assume it does not always say.