Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Delay Claim

5 replies [Last post]
Jithin Kambhikanam
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hello Everyone,

Please help me in learning about this topic regarding Claim. The situation is as expalained below

The days for project completion : 100

Delay from Contractor will push the completion days to - 130

Delay from Client will push the completion days to - 110

Both are parallel delays without which the project cannot be completed. so what will be the delay charge to Contractor 20 days or 30 days as the maximum delay is caused by the Contractor which is in parallel with Clients delay.

Replies

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Mike,

I was answering to Jithin's second question, where the delay is only by the Client for 10 days. No delay from the contractor.

Best Regards

Kannan

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Kannan

The contractor cannot claim costs for concurrent delays.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Jithin,

If the delay is excusable (by client), the contractor can ask for the EOT as well as the cost of those 10 days.

Best Regards

Kannan

Jithin Kambhikanam
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Thank you Mike. Same as my though and you have given a good clarity on my knowledge. 

Now got the Point. The EOT would be only for 10 days as the client has delayed & the contractor has delayed + 20 days for which he has to pay the cost.

One more question,

If the Client has delayed the Project. Contract duration was 100 days and because of clients delay it became 110 days to complete the Project. Wouldnt the Contractor be eligible to ask LD Cost for 10 days ?

Thanks

Jithin

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Jithin

The usual rules of concurrent delays are:

10 days EoT to the contractor - no costs

20 days LAD's paid by the contractor.

Best regards

Mike Testro