Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Variation in Re-measurable contract

3 replies [Last post]
Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 3 days 5 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

Please see the below scenarion;

In a re-measurable Contract, as per the scope document(signed by contractor) pump installation to be done, but it is missing in the BOQ. The Contractor didn;t include this item in the programme.

Later, during the Construction stage the Client raised this point and the Contractor requested for extension of time to install the pump, as it is not mentioned in the BOQ.

My stand on this is-    as it was mentioned in the scope document, it is the Contractor's responsibility to include this in the programme of works within the Contractual completion date. The Contractor is not entitled for any extension of time. As the rate is missing in the BOQ, the contractor can propose it and discuss/finalize with Client before installation.

All expert's point of view are welcome.

Best Regards

Kannan

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Kannan

I need to correct my previous answer.

If the contract form is a JCT Private with Approximate Quantities : 1986 then in accordance with clause 13 it states "The quality and quantity of the works included in the Tender Price shall be deemed to be that which is set out in the Contract Bills".

I have not researched later editions which may have changed.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 3 days 5 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Mike...

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Kannan

You are correct - the BoQ does not define the scope of works.

The Contractor must contruct and programme for the scope of works set down in the drawings and specification.

Best regards

Mike Testro