Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Forensic Claims Analysis Course

9 replies [Last post]
Natalia Barroso
User offline. Last seen 6 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Does anyone know about a Forensic Claims Analysis Course online?.

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi James

It covers the four basic analysis methods on the same project with the same events showing the different effects.

It demonstrates what to do plus HOW to do it.

Please let me know what you think of it.

Best regards

Mike Testro

James Young
User offline. Last seen 2 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Mike,

Your ebook - principals of delay, what chapters/topics does it include?

Thanks

James

Andrew Flowerdew
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline

Sandip,

It's a difficult document at times to understand but many methods plus other aspects of delay analysis are discussed in:

29R-03FORENSIC_SCHEDULE_ANALYSIS 2009 published by the American Association of Cost Engineers (AACE): 

Search Google and you'll find a free download of it somewhere. Part of it was also updated in 2011 which I think can be downloaded free from the AACE website.

Remember however, it's primarily an American view of the subject, other views exist and may be more relevant in other countries.

Andy

Sunil Babu
User offline. Last seen 4 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mike ,

Thanks for this info.

Best Regards,

Sunil.

Sandip Chakraborty
User offline. Last seen 8 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for the information but am keen to know the Window Analysis method in detail.

Regards,

Sandip

Mike Testro

Hi Sandip

My ebook Principles of Delay Analysis gives step by step instructions on the 4 main analysis methods except Windows or Time Slice.

I would suggest that the windows method is not the best for true forensic analysis because you know the whole historic picture of cause and effect so why pretend that you don't.

A time Impact Analysis works best if you have adequate as built data.

If not then Imapcted as Planned and Collapsed as Built are also fully featured.

If you are interested the ebook can be downloaded from my website www.expertdelayanalysis.com for £75.00

Best regards

Mike Testro

Sandip Chakraborty
User offline. Last seen 8 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hi,

Where can i get step by step procedure to carry out retrospective delay analysis namely window analysis. ?

Regards

Sandip

E Son
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

New Planner

Hi guys i am a relatively new planner who has worked for a main contractor and now another firm, however i do not have any theoretical construction knowledge nor did i come from the site. I was looking to complete a course before my master in September but for  the time being i wanted to do another course i wanted to know what is more relevant or high valued out of a level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management - Planning

Operate health, safety and welfare systems in constructionH/504/727912
Unit 2Prepare programmes and schedules of work in constructionH/504/728216
Unit 3Operate project information systems in constructionK/504/736410
Unit 4Develop and maintain working relationships and personal development in constructionR/504/734312
Unit 10Prepare drawings and schedules in constructionH/504/734616
Unit 15Assess, plan and monitor project methods and progress in construction 

or a CIOB Level 4 Certificate in Site Management which has mdules of Project Planning for Construction

Managing the Quality of Construction WorksManaging Health, Safety, Welfare and Risk in Construction WorksContractual and Legal Responsibilities within a Construction EnvironmentManaging the Technology of Modern and Traditional Construction Works Optional UnitsManaging Dimensional Control in Construction WorksProject Control and Monitoring for Construction Plz someone helppp you can email me at bode_K@live.co.uk
Mike Testro

Hi Natatlia

You can download my ebook - Principles of Delay Analysis - which will give you instruction on the 4 methods for you to study in your own time.

It can be downloaded from www.expertdelayanalysis.com for £75.00 using PayPal.

Best regards

Mike Testro