Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Early & Late "banana curve"

2 replies [Last post]
Chris Mercer
User offline. Last seen 2 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

Hi - I'm looking to produce banana curves (early and late date envelope) as part of the project controls suite of metrics using Powerproject. I used to produce these in P6 using activity count resource in the Resource Assignment spreadsheet window and then exported to Excel for graphing.

I've assigned an activity count to the remaining activities in the programme as a consumable resource but then am drawing a blank when it comes to getting the AC spread for the planned early and late date (ideally in a tabular fashion).

Has any one any ideas/done something similar?

Many Thanks

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 13 hours 52 min ago. Offline

Andrew Owenson
User offline. Last seen 48 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Chris

You could use the EA Reporter under the Project Tab. Make sure you select the duration as the quantity to report on. You will need to baseline the project first.

When you get to the baselines section report against the baseline you just did - ASAP baseline (top selection), and make sure that "use float end dates from my ASAP baseline is selcted (bottom selection). Choose current view & run.

The results will depend on how well your netwrok is linked.

Good luck

Regards

Andrew