Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Default duration unit

2 replies [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 2 days 10 hours ago. Offline

Hello, Powerproject fanatics

Maybe the answer to my question is so obvious, however I was not able to find it

I want to enter the task duration in days; therfore I key in "5" for a task whose duration in "5 working days"

When I enter the duration of tasks in the spreadsheet, Powerproject always converts these 5 "days" into 5 "weeks", and displayes the value "25d" in the duration column.

Having looked everywhere in the dlalog boxes and the Online help, I cannot find my way.

Who will help me?

Thank you,

Alexandre

Replies

Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 2 days 10 hours ago. Offline

Hello Ben

Thank you!

Shame on me, I should have found it by myself!

Alexandre

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 37 min ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Alexandre,

On the View ribbon, you can change the default snapping unit in the drop down list:

snapping_unit.jpg

I just tested it and it is this field that controls what happens when you just tap "5" into the duration field on the spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Ben @ Powerproject