Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Paste Linking

4 replies [Last post]
Dean Grimes
User offline. Last seen 7 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all Can anyone please help me out and give me some guidance. I would like to set up a task pool that could be linked to the main programme I.e. If I was to alter the the task pool durations or operation it would automatically alter the main programme. For example paste linking as if you would in excel. Many thanks in advance for your help

Replies

Dean Grimes
Mike. Many thanks for your help
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Dean

You can run a filter on a type of task - say Plaster Walls - and then make all the changes at once.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Dean Grimes
Mike Thank you for your prompt response. The issue that i have is that i am having to produce a number of identical sequences of work which the client seem to be constantly changing, and as i have around 400 of these sequence patterns i am having to change them all individually. Is there any way i can link them to one task pool so that if i change the task pool it changes all of the sequences in the bar chart. I.e. Paste linking in excel (alter 1 and it changes all the other tasks)
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Dean - Welcome to Planning Planet

The spreadsheet in the PowerProject table is the same format as excell. You can copy / paste between the two at any time.

I prefer Lotus 123.

Best regards

Mike T.