Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Links Shape

3 replies [Last post]
chris william
User offline. Last seen 10 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All/Mike,

In version 12, I have seen some curved links. Suppose if I give FS link, it should be vertical but in version 12 , sometimes it shows curved one not vertical. How can I activate Automatic Curve Settings of all links in Asta version 12?  I tried in Curtvature in Link properties but it does not  work for me when I give any new link. Links remain in vertical position not showing Curved but I need in curved shape. How to do that? please reply 

Thanks,

Chris

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 13 hours ago. Offline

Hi Chris

I have been on site deep in the Desert so I was not able to respond.

Ben has given the answer but there is one practical point to consider.

If you have a big programme with links going over a long distance and curving to the right then when printed the curved links will take up most of the space on the prrint leaving all the detail crammed into the left side.

You maybe able to adjust the curvature to bring the curves in closer but then you will reduce the curve effect on the shorter links.

I have not tried putting different curves on different link categories but that may be a work around.

Best regards

Mike Testro

chris william

Thanks Ben

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Chris,

I searched the help files for details about curved links:

"To choose your default settings for bars, tasks, links and annotations:

1. On the Project tab, in the Properties group, click Bar Chart Defaults. The Bar Chart Defaults Properties dialog is displayed.

4. Click the Link tab to set your link defaults:

• Select the category to be used for new links. You can edit the selected link category by clicking Properties to display the Link Category Properties dialog.
  • Choose whether to display lead/lag next to links on the bar chart by default.
  • Choose whether you want vertical links to be drawn curved by default, and if so, specify the curvature settings you want to apply to vertical links.
  • Choose whether lead/lag time is shown as a duration or percentage. This is set separately for the link start and link finish."

If that doesn't work for you for any reason, contact the support team...

Cheers,

Ben @ Asta

chris william

Anyone can reply it?

thank you