Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filter Appearance with heirarchy appearance

3 replies [Last post]
Farhad Khondaker
User offline. Last seen 3 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia

Hi Guys,

I have created a few filters and coloured my wbs structure using the heirarchy appearance.

However, when I apply a filter, my heirachy appearance structure doesn't follow through with the filter. Rather it becomes a spreadsheet list of what my filter has found without the colour.

Any idea on how i can set this up on filters?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Farhad

Replies

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Scott,

This sounds like a complicated issue to understand - can you give the helpdesk a call so they can investigate properly?  01844 261609.

Thanks,

Ben

Scott Griffin
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Good Afternoon,

Just Facing the similar problem on version 14.0.03 of Asta, when setting up a filter the summary bar dates are not following through with the filtered tasks, it is retaining its dates for the original section, other than what has just been filtered.

In this version, it allows you to click on the code in the code library on the left-hand pane and the summary bars follow the filtered dates. However, this seems to mess with printing layout (revision numbers, descriptions and such disappearing) and It will not let me to re-enter it.

Is there any solution to this yet, preferably a way to use the filter option and get the summary bar to follow the dates?

Thanks, in advance  

Scott

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Farhad

Asta WBS does not work the same as in P6.

In Asta a WBS is optional not mandatory.

I cannot help further but the Asta support team will tell you what to do if it is possible.

Best regards

Mike Testro