Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Copying Links

3 replies [Last post]
Chris Lothian
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 17 hours ago. Offline

Hi all,

Is it possible to copy links from one task to another?

i.e. I have a task that has a lot of finish to start links coming from it, I've created another task  and want to give it the same successors. Is this possible, without manually creating each link?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Replies

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Chris,

I don't think so - all I did was display the successor column, set the table definition to have the attribute style of 'unique task ID' and then did a simple highlight text>copy and pasted these values in the successor cell of the new task that I wanted to have the same links.

Just checked our support call system and I see you have also had a conversation with our analysts on this one, so hopefully they have reinforced the advice.

Cheers,

Ben

Chris Lothian
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 17 hours ago. Offline

Thanks for response Ben.

I'd already tried this (as I knew that's how it worked in MS Project), but couldn't get it to work for me. Were there any other settings that you changed too?

Chris

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Chris,

There may be a better way, but what comes to mind first is to display the relevant successor/predecessor column and simply copy/paste the data in the cells between the two tasks.  I just tried this and it worked - needed to set it to show Unique Task ID in Table Definition rather than Task Name to make it clearer.

Ben @ Asta