Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

duration decimal

6 replies [Last post]
chris william
User offline. Last seen 10 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Mike/All ,

How to make duration in round figure? I have duration column in days. In which few duration  are showing  as 1d 30min and 2d 2h. I need to change these durations in round figure as 1d and 2d in the whole column. How to do that? Any tip?

Regards,

Chris       

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 15 hours ago. Offline

Hi Marc

Use decimal

Best regards

Mike Testro

Marc winslett
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Mike, Thanks for the response - I'm still having a problem with that, as I don't have an option to select 'percent' from the 'duration format' drop down. It only gives me the following options: Compact (4:2) Decimal (4.00d, 4.40w) Decimal (4d, 4.4w) Mixed time units (4w 2d) Therefore I'm still confused! Regards, Marc.
Mike Testro

Hi Marc

Follow the instructions I gave to Chris - Right Click on the column head > chose Format Cells > Duration > you now have a variety of options.

Select "Days" on the drop down > 0 for decimal places and Percent for the format.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Marc winslett
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Good Afternoon, I was looking for a solution to a similar 'wish'. I want to show progress in days ONLY but I thought I'd exhausted all options to no avail. I recently saw a paper copy of a Powerproject programme, which had exactly what I wanted - durations shown in days only! I couldn't find who had produced this, but am sure that someone out there knows the (probably quite obvious) setting I need to change. Any clues appreciated! Marc.
chris william
User offline. Last seen 10 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Mike

Mike Testro

Hi Chris

Click on the column head > chose Format Cells > Duration > you now have a variety of options.

I prefer 0 decimal point + percent format.

Best regards

Mike Testro