Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Controlling and Monitoring Process Plant Contracts Using Asta Power Project

1 reply [Last post]
Donald Harrold
User offline. Last seen 11 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Asta Power Project seems to be a powerful and flexible planning/project management package for controlling construction projects. Has anybody used it to manage process plant projects (Oil, Gas, LNG, Petro Chemicals, Power and Water etc) covering EPC/ design and build activities? What was your experience? How did it compare to products such as P6? What was the client reaction?

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Donald

I have just started putting together an EPC gas pipeline - 650km in 6 sections.

I am using task per line mode and it seems to be coming together OK.

The usual software is P6 which is quite hopeless for linear projects.

The Engineer is calling for Tilos or similar - I am hoping to convince him that Task per Line mode is better.

Generally Asta PowerProject scores better every time over P6 for whatever type of project.

I am currently working on Coal Fired Power Stations and Off shore platforms and every time as soon as I have converted the P6 to Asta I can start to make sense of the planners concept.

Best regards

Mike Testro