Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

how to add more items in code libraries

3 replies [Last post]
duncan burns
User offline. Last seen 12 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

HI,

I'm using Asta easyplan. I'm creating a tender programme. I'm trying to put all of the different stages into different colours so I used the code libraries option and dragged the headings to the tasks and then renamed the headings.. I assumed I could just add more items into the code library by right clicking however I can't see how to add more so I'm stuck with the 6no in designers that I started with.

Can anyone tell me how to group my tender programme in colours effectively without running out.

Cheers

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Duncan

It may be that easyplan has a limited number of codes that can be created.

In PowerProject I just left click under the last code and type in the new code in the box.

Like Robert I have a standard set of codes but for live projects I use only 4 - 1 for each level of programme detail.

Best regards

Mike Testro

duncan burns
User offline. Last seen 12 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Yes Robert it worked perfectly.. THank you so much (I might get out of here by 5 now!!)

Robert Hughes
User offline. Last seen 7 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Duncan,

I have never used easy plan, however in Power Project you would need to:

- Open the library explorer (View->View->Library Explorer)

- In the pane on the left hand side select Code Library

- Work through the folders in the pane on the right hand side until you arrive at your list of codes

- Right-click and select new code library entry, enter the name and format the colours and pattern as required.

(I have a standard set of codes in my Asta template and then a list of codes which are just titled 'a' this way they appear in the project view and can be amended there and applied to bars without having to go through the library)

Hopefully this will be of some help to you.