Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Can you create codes in the Library Explorer to remain permanent?

3 replies [Last post]
Yasine Ali
User offline. Last seen 4 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello everyone,

At the moment when I create a programme I create codes so that I can apply it to the bars.

However when I open a new project it seems that those codes dont come up in my "project view"

They re appear when I open up the project that I created them in the first place.

Is there a way that I can create them so that they appear on every project that I open up?

Hope I have said my question clearly

Thanks in advance guys

Replies

Yasine Ali

I found Mikes tip very helpful.

I think another way to do this would be to:

1. Open up two projects (one where you need the codes and the other that already has the codes)

2. Open up Library Explorer for both

3. Just copy and paste the whole folder of your own codes to the other library

Now it should all be available in the Project view

Yasine Ali

Thanks Mike, helpful answer as always.

Will be giving that a go.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Yasine

I set up a template programme with all my codes - resources - calendars etc that I need.

I open this whenever I start a new project and get to work straight away..

If I have to open someone elses programme I copy a single task from my template and all the stuff comes with it.

Best regards

Mike T.