Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calender hours

1 reply [Last post]
Martin Gomez
User offline. Last seen 11 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

I have cereated a project with default duration of 8 hr a day,i now need to change that default duration to 9.5hrs,I created a new calender with 9.5 hrs and applied it to the activities but it changes the duration.of the activites. I chose to retain the absolute duration,in terms of hrs,minutes,seconds option still it changes the duration.could anyone help me please.

Regards

Sachin

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Sachin

If you did not create a new file before changing the work pattern then you will need to revert to the original durations by reistating the 8 hr day work pattern.

Save the fike and then save under a new name.

Add the 9.5 hr work poattern and the durations will be shorter because that is the whole point of the change.

If you want to maintain the original durations then go back to the 8hr file and filter on "tasks" - set the duration display to "days" and copy all the durations.

Go back to the new 9.5 hr file and set it up as before - paste the old durations into the column and close the filter.

Save the file.

Best regards

Mike Testro