Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Powerproject / Teamplan Improvements

4 replies [Last post]
David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Users of Powerproject/Teamplan might not know that many of the improvements to the software are driven by the users via the ‘wishlist’. Having said that I am aware that not everyone can get to user group meetings so this might be a good forum to say “I wish…”.

In my experience, most of the time you’ll find that the software can do what you thought it couldn’t do… its just a matter of finding the right buttons. So, if anyone has a wish or a great tip they think might not be in general circulation why not post it here and lets see what happens.

On a serious not though I doubt that this forum will ever be as popular as the P3 or MSP forums mainly because of the excellent technical support that Asta offer, answers to technical queries within an hour, sort of makes this forum redundant!

Regards

David
dbordoli@burofour.co.uk

Replies

David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi Tom

Thanks for your message.

I was a big fan of Pertmaster but I stopped using it about 15 years ago when I moved to a company where it wasn’t the standard. So, sorry I can’t help you at all.

Regards

David
Tomasz Wiatr
User offline. Last seen 2 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello PP/TP masters,

I see big discucssion in aspect of relation Power Project vs TeamPlan because TP it is not only newer version old PP but new quality too.

You are expert from UK. For me UK it is sweet fatherland of PP/TP and Pertmaster. What is Your oppinion about position of Pertmaster. I love Pertmaster but in our country PP/TP is used in firms (not only of of course). What is UK-perspective in this aspect of PM-software competition and meybe comparission (in the aspect of general planning features, not simulation).

Thanks in advance and sorry for different problem in discussion but Improvements of PP-TP are problem not only in ASTA Software. Now Pertmaster was improved, too - and new price is to high and we have not any Pertmaster without simulation (we have only Monte Carlo machine).

Tom from Poland
fanatic of scheduling ;-)
Gavin Clegg
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Following my previous reply.

We have been required by our client to produce a detailed EVA graph. Although PP has the tokens available on the table definitions there is no way of producing a EVA graph showing BCWS,ACWP,BCWP etc....

This seems a shortfall in the capabilities of PP or is it a commercial decision.

But I rang ASTA support and they e-mailed me a macro. Although simple it did the job. Any changes to this macro would cost me development money.

Currently I am waiting for V8 of the software. But this EVA graph is still not an option. I asked the question at a recent half day seminar on the the new V8.
Gavin Clegg
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
This is the third reply in 15mins on PP, that I have written.

I agree ASTA Tech Service is "Second to none" - but it is still a good idea. ASTA do listen to their users and are constantly changing the software versions to include minor changes.

A previous discussion with ASTA was regarding conversion of powerproject to MSP and back again. Of course, ASTA’s helpfulness issued a MACRO using XML Import / Export that can be used on both software packages.

But, this is not included in the standard version of Powerproject - AT THE MOMENT.

Regards

Gavin