Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera, how longer shall we wait for the "UNDO"

4 replies [Last post]
Jihad Daniel
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anyone tell me why Primavera did not create the UNDO button on all their softwares, at least to the last save or last schedule’s running? How long shall we wait before undoing an error?

Regards,
J. Daniel

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Dear All

My developer had obtained a copy of the beta version and its great. Most of the stuffs that we complainted are now incorporated.

Alex
Undo is one of the new features in release 5.0. I have seen it working. R5.0 is due July this year.

Further enhancements to expect are:-

Easier to use – data entry.

Leading schedule analysis.

Best in class graphics and reports.

Improved resource control.

Undo will be available (demonstrated live during meeting)

Import and export to Excel – totally flexible, all fields and filters.

Ability to send project to Primavera Contractor users.

EPS level codes, activity codes can be assigned.

Addition of summary activity (new activity type) can add costs and resources.

Suspend and resume activities.

Progress spotlight (same as P3)

Can automatically update schedule.

Steps, can add from template, can create from pre-defined templates, will have columns in layout view, step indicator to be added.

Past period actuals, will be able to define own financial periods.

Baseline improvements will allow users to select by activity and activity details.

Vertical sight lines added to graphics.

Timescale header will contain 3rd row.

Format curtain, will be able to choose colour and shading.

Reports wizard will be able to report on multiple subjects.

Improved usability, user level reports can be defined.

New security Privileges include schedule level/apply actuals: Edit Calendars: Resource node heirarchy access: Prevent deletion of timesheet data: separate add/edit privileges: separate add/edit UDF: option to change activity ID’s: restrict access to resource rates.
Resources, assign resources and roles at project and WBS level: project/WBS levelling: enhanced analysis capabilities: can show resources (and non-labour resources) stacked by project name.

It is out in Beta but I have not managed to get my hands on a copy yet.

Regards

Dave
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
The problem is that planning programs use database engines, and as such is disk resident. In other words any data you enter is immediately saved to tha hard drive, the reason you do not have to save. Thus the only way to undo is to hit the escape button before enter, if you have incorrectly typed in data.

Hope this answers your question.
Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Hi,

Search for forum "UNDO BUTTON" at Primavera Project Planner - P3 discussion categories.

Regards.