Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Quick Risk Template - distributions

3 replies [Last post]
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Is there any way to change the default distribution in the quick risk template for Pertmaster 8.53?

Current default distributions are BetaPert, Enhanced, Triangle, and Uniform. I would like to add Trigen and make it the default.

Software no longer maintained by client, so stuck at 8.53 and no longer have access to Primavera support.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

Sudheerkumar Gurram
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Andrew;

This is what I currently do - part of my standard view. I was hoping to eliminate the fill down step by making the default change in Quick Risk.
Andrew Podolny
User offline. Last seen 41 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Dennis.
There is workaround - add 2 columns into your Risk View:
1st from Risk Inputs group - Duration Distribution
2nd from Risk Inputs group - Use Duration Distribution

Assign the Trigen distribution to the topmost activity through the bottom panel - you’ll see the changes in the recently added columns. Use ’Fill Down’ feature to fill these 2 columns.

Regards,
Andrew