Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Review the driving activities in distribution histogram

2 replies [Last post]
Anu Tor
User offline. Last seen 13 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Dear alls,

I have used the pertmaster to risk analysis and gotten the distribution histogram. That one is shown min., max and mean forecast finish date. If I want to see the driving activities to those finish date, how is review them?

Please advise me.

I must present the risk analysis program to owner in end of this month. Anyone has a sample, give me please.

Regard,

Replies

Anu Tor
User offline. Last seen 13 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Mr. Paul,

Thank you very much for your reply my question. I will action as your recommend.

If I have more question, could I contract you?

Regard,
Paul Hodgson
User offline. Last seen 8 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Not sure what you are really wanting to achieve here.
I think you want to identify those activities, which determine the project Finish Date. This can be achieved by analysing the Criticality Index. To add a column on your Gantt chart right-click on the column header, from the menu, which then appears open, the Format Column tab, then Risk Output/Criticality Index.
During the many iterations carried out for the risk analysis, tasks can join or leave the critical path. The criticality index expresses as a percentage, how often a particular task was on the critical path during the analysis. Tasks with a high criticality index are more likely to cause delay to the project, as they are more likely to be on the critical path. It is these activities, which drive the finish date and any evaluation of the schedule risk should focus on these tasks.
Not sure that this answers your query, but hopefully you find my comments useful.