Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Basic Principles of Delay Analalysi

No replies
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Basic Principles of Delay Analysis

There are a considerable number of my contacts who are skilled planners and who know about construction methods but want to know how to become delay analysts.

Of course there are any number of textbooks that will tell you what to do but none that I have discovered there will tell you how to do it.

Over the last 10 years or so I have been developing a series of training modules which I have labelled “Basic Principles of Delay Analysis” and there are 10 modules comprising:

Module 01  – Basic Building Blocks

Module 02 – Impacted As Planned

Module 03 –As Built But For (Collapsed As Built)

Module 04 –Time Impact Analysis

Module 05 – As Built v As Planned (Contractor)

Module 06 – As Built v As Planned (Sub Contractor)

Module 07 –Time Slice or Windows

Module 08 – Projected as Built Delay Analysis Method

Module 09 – Concurrency

Module 10 – Writing the Narrative

The whole course comprises more than 120 pages and as a distillation of my lifetime experience as a delay analyst.

I have used the same basic building for analysis and applying the different principles of delay analysis to the same structure thus demonstrating different results from each method. My emphasis is in explaining how you do it.

Unlike other advertised courses on delay analysis my set of modules will not turn you into an overnight expert on delay analysis. It will however provide you with the basic knowledge to demonstrate to a potential employer that you have some skill and understanding in the basic principles of the dark art.

It will be the first stepping stone of your career to be a delay analyst at sometime in the future.

My initial thought was to give this away free to aspiring candidates but then my second thought was that if you obtained it free of charge then you will appreciate any benefit.

I will therefore be charging £125.00 for all 10 modules which will be delivered by the file transfer to your computer.

Please send me a message that you are interested in taking on these modules and I will explain further details and potential benefits that may arise.

Mike Testro

18th February 2022.

miketesrto@outlook.com