Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

security

6 replies [Last post]
Steve Craine
User offline. Last seen 5 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi

Wonder if someone could help on this issue, Ive just appied for a position, and before I can go any further in the process I have to provide my NI number. Now as Im a Ltd company and will not be troubling there HR dept etc why do I need to provide this detail. The position is not in a government or security etc. Does these contravine the Data Protection Act?????

Replies

Tom Brown
User offline. Last seen 16 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Sometimes, National Insurance numbers are requested as a matter of procedure, for immigration reasons - a valid National Insurance number goes a long way to showing that someone is legally entitled to work in the UK!
Paul McCarthy
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Steve
I would not be too worried about providing your NI number.
It could have been a lot worse ... they could have asked for a photo of you ! If this is the case with this or any future job applications I will gladly supply one from your time at Computing Devices !
Cheers
Paul
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Another thing which occured to me is from memory your Nat Ins Number is related to your PTS cert.
Steve Craine
User offline. Last seen 5 years 1 week ago. Offline
Thanks for this guys.

Paul Knighting
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Steve

If you are invoicing them as a limited company, there is no reason why they should want your NI number. However can’t really see why this would prove to be a problem.

Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
As youre a Ltd Company, isnt the employment contract between your client and your Ltd Company, who in turn employ you.