Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Scope Management

4 replies [Last post]
moutaz aldeib
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

in order to define scope of the project, we need to define the requirements and it might be all the requirements are in the sope or we might identify some of the requirements to be included in the scope. Two questions i have:

1- what is the best tool to collect the requirements? i heard about "Requirements Traceability Matrix RTM" and if any one have a real example about it.

2- why we explled some requiremnets though we collect them in th efirst stage?

best,

muataz

Replies

Patrick Weaver
User offline. Last seen 5 days 14 hours ago. Offline
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

glad i could help 

moutaz aldeib
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Zoltan

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

every type of work is different so depending on your type of work you will have minmum requirements that are on evry project that you do. You use this minimum requirement matrix as the baisis for starting and then add the project specifics to it based on that particular project. 

if is it electrical design and cosntruction you will always have power load calculation requirments, lighting calculations, single line drawings, switch gear submittals etc.