Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

If My Consultant Asks. ...

2 replies [Last post]
Tanveer Ahmad Niazi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hi,

Can any body tell me if my consultant asks to submit a MATRIX repeport. What actually he wants to sea in that?

Replies

Tanveer Ahmad Niazi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Dear Samer

Than you very much for the detailed reply but my clearly told my consultant that i did not under stood what matrix actually you want. and thank to Allah that he is very wise guy and told me that he wanted to c the completion dates of each discipline (MEP, civil, architecture, interior & exterior finishes) floor wise. Also he wanted to know the authority inspections & approval and payments. And that was all you mentioned in your reply. I again thank you very much for the reply.

Tanveer 

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Tanveer,

It depends on what you are working on. A matrix shows columns and rows. For example if you are working on preparing a plan for completion of the building, the consultant might ask for a completion matrix showing when each floor will be completed and the date for each activity in the columns

Something similar to

Skeleton  Plastering Guides  1st Fix, Plastering, 2nd Fix, EM Above False Ceiling, EM Ground, False Ceiling

Floor 1

Floor 2

Floor 3

Floor 4

or they can ask for responsibility Matrix for your team at site.

If you let us know what exactly is your scope of work, maybe we can assist you more.

With kind regards,

Samer