Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Manager’s Book of Forms

7 replies [Last post]
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,

The following book has been published recently based on the PMBOK 4th edition.

"Project Manager’s Book of Forms: A Companion to the PMBOK Guide" by Cynthia Stackpole

You will find plenty of forms that you can use in your management of projects. Planning has 20 processes and many useful forms.

Good luck,

Samer

Replies

syed khaja
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

please sent me few forms of this book related to construction

syed092@gmail.com

Samer Zawaydeh
Dear David,

This is an excellent question. Practically, I am using both. The FIDIC to administer the Contract and the PMBOK to manage the Project.

The PBMOK is about the 40+ processes that start from initiation until closeout. The definition of a process per PMI is and activity that has an input, output, and tools and technique to manage it.

The PMBOK is a standard, and you get to pick the processes that you need. Unless you are experience enough with the job, you might miss some and find out the reality at a later stage. I am sure that the next step would be for the major software companies to write all of these templates into on software. Few already exist, and you can buy them for less than 300$. But, having Primavera upgrading their Contract Manager module with these templates, would be a really strong software.

The FIDIC on the other hand is a Contractual type agreement between two parties. You need to abide by the conditions of contract in managing and administring the Contract.

If I need to clarify more, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Samer
David Wallace
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Samer,

How does this differ from the FIDIC Contract Administrator’s guide?

Thanks,

David.
Samer Zawaydeh
Dear R,

Yes I did purchase the book and went through half of it already. I am planning to use few forms in the near future. Chances are you will use some of them. The other advantage is that it is written by someone who is familier with PMBOK preparation.

Some of the forms are on the theoretical side. But overall, you have a reference that encompass all the forms based on PMBOK. The full advantage is yet to be proved in actually using them.

Best,

Samer
R. Catalan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
David,

Thanks my friend.
Just want to make sure of its value before buying the book.

R. Catalan
David Wallace
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
I’ve purchased it through Amazon...I’ll write a brief description when I receive and read it.

So please give me a couple of weeks.

David.
R. Catalan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Samer,

Have you purchased this book and found really helpful?

Thanks,
R. Catalan