Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Shared mode

5 replies [Last post]
Paula Hoskins
User offline. Last seen 10 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

When I calculate my schedule I get this message:

“You have opened the current project(s) in Shared mode.  Other users currently have the project(s) open as well. Performing this process may overwrite the changes made by others.  Are you sure that you want to continue?”

I am the only one using this schedule.  Can I make this go away?

Replies

Ravi Katare
User offline. Last seen 9 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

If you are sure that no one else is working the same project, then open the project in exclusive mode and schedule it.

- Ravi

SAGAR KADAM
User offline. Last seen 4 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

i got this message when im scheduling:

You have opened the current project(s) in Shared mode.  Other users currently have the project(s) open as well. Performing this process may overwrite the changes made by others.  Are you sure that you want to continue?

plese suggest me what can i do ??

Is any problem with schedule if i continue??

when this message will stop to come when scheduling ?

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

P6 obviously thinks that someone is logged-on and has the schedule open.  Our PROJECT WATCH software for P6 System Administrators could tell you who that person is and even force the user off of the system.  In the mean time, you will need to re-boot the server to clear this problem.

P6 can get ‘confused’ if a user’s computer crashes while the user is logged-in.  In fact, it will not allow that person to log back on to P6 as it thinks that this is an attempt to have more than one session per person.  Sometimes, people also leave for the night and forget to log-off.  Good luck!

Paula Hoskins
User offline. Last seen 10 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Because noone in the office is using the schedule.

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Paula,

How do you know that you are the only one using the schedule?